7.11.12

Fresh as 4 Years Ago




It's said that fashion is cyclical....destined to repeat itself.

Somehow I ended up looking at detail shots of the Marni Spring 2009 show.
The colors, piled on accessories, mixed print and bizarre color combinations felt just as fresh today as they did 4 years ago.

It's hard to even believe 2009 was really that long ago. It feels like yesterday.
While I'm not sure that 4 years is long enough to be considered a "cycle" in fashion (though it does seem to move quite quickly, doesn't it?), but I do think it's interesting that this accessory statement seems to be repeating itself already.

While I should probably stick to focusing on winter and the upcoming holidays, I'm already thinking about chunky resiny jewelry for spring.
Needless to say, I'll be revisiting this version of 2009 again soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!