23.8.12

Things That Are Awesome Thursday: Internet Menagerie

1
Now that I'm no longer a full time art history student, I no longer spend my days sifting through countless databases and archives looking for images and primary sources.
Needless to say, this is the greatest thing I've seen on the internet in ages.




There are over 8,000 images spanning 400+ years that range in subject matter from black and white etchings of caves to portraits of birds, to diagrams of stick bugs.
It would be an understatement to say you could spend hours sifting through all the images.
You can also search through all the images.
It's absolutely unreal. Even more unreal, that it's all free and accessible from anywhere in the world.

Oh, and I guess I should mention that this is only one of the databases...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!